Experiencing pregnancy symptoms when you're not pregnant is a common frustration for those trying to get conceive. We should probably put "pregnancy symptoms" in quotes, since you can rarely tell if you're pregnant, or just dealing with PMS, or just imagining it completely!
I like to think I've wised up to imaginary pregnancy symptoms, but I do still fall for them at times. Have you ever thought symptoms you were experiencing were signs of pregnancy, when they were not? Which "pregnancy symptoms" drive you crazy? And if you've ever been pregnant, could you tell the difference?
More about pregnancy:
- Quiz: Am I Pregnant?
- Feeling Pregnant When You're Not
- What If the Pregnancy Test Is Negative?
- Making a Pregnancy Announcement after Infertility
- I'm Pregnant! Now What?
- How to Have a Healthy Pregnancy After Infertility
- When to Take a Pregnancy Test
- Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
- Twin Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
- Can You Detect Pregnancy through Cervical Mucus Changes?
TTC Baby #2
- I have been trying to get pregnant with my husband for 18 months now; my first daughter was conceived naturally after seven months of trying. When we started trying for #2, I kept waiting for anything to happen but nothing. That's when I went to a fertility doctor and had an HSG and found out the two fallopian tubes are blocked. That's when I really fell apart. I did not expect this, I always wanted to conceive naturally, and I feel the bitterness now that one of the methods now to achieve pregnancy is through IVF. This was like my last resort ever, now it's all I have...
- —Guest anhar
- I been TTC for two years. I had sex two days before ovulation and four DPO I started to get extreme fatigue to the point where I'm having naps in the afternoon even after a good nights rest. Then came some cramps on my lower right abdomen and stomach soreness at 8 DPO. At 9 DPO, I became very gassy and was burping a lot, all the way to 13 DPO. Even my boy friend kept saying I was pregnant. None of this is normal for me, so I really thought I was pregnant but this morning I just got my period. I am so hurt because I really wanted a baby more then anything in this world. I wanna cry so bad. It never seems to workout for me. I'm tired of trying....
- —Guest Roni
- We have been married for a year and a half now. Since half year ago, I am trying to get pregnant. I swear other can see me and even God know how much I want to be a mother I wanted so much till got false pregnancy symptoms for two months in row. Each time disappointed by my period. This month I got most of the pregnancy symptoms. So sure I am, but today I got my period again. I gave up. This is too much hurting for me. I know it's only a few months trying, and too early to give up. But the disappointment and hurt is too much to bear.
- —Guest guest
I feel pregnant every month!
- I have been trying to conceive for a year and every 2ww I think I'm pregnant. I get nausea and cramps from when I ovulate until Aunt Flow (my period) shows. I went to the docs and found out I have two ovarian cysts on my right ovary, and a few years ago, I had a dermoid cyst removed from my left ovary. Maybe that's causing the symptoms, I don't know.
- —Guest beccy
Sad , overly excited
- Me & my husband have been married for a year, we've been together for almost ten years though and he really wants a baby, but I haven't gotten pregnant not one time. Every month I have really bad PMS, and I always get my hopes up. My periods change a lot, and it kills me. Know that I haven't been pregnant yet.
- —Guest Wanting to be a mommy
- I hope you all come back and write on this page I'm pregnant.... having a baby at 40.
- —Guest having a baby at 40
Confusion and delusion?
- I have almost all the symptoms of being pregnant. I took not one but two tests and they both came out positive. Some people are telling me it could be all in my head. I can be thinking about it too much that I'm getting symptoms.
- —Guest Guest leeanna
Always disappointed, So confused
- I have been married for a year and a half and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant the whole marriage. I have off scheduled periods and have skipped a month before. Every time that happened I thought I was pregnant. Take a test and negative results. Grrrrr! So now I have missed my period two months! Have some pregnancy symptoms, but also period symptoms. I haven't taken the test yet but I am going to give myself one more week. So, whats going on? Why do I feel like I am going to start but nothing has happened yet?
- My husband and I tried for 7 years before our son came along. We were overjoyed. He is now 21 months old and we thought we would try again but hoping it don't take another 7 years. We have been trying now for 2 months and no period in January so far and I usually go 3 weeks and 3 days between periods. I hate to get my hopes up because it took so long the first time. I have taken 3 tests and negative every time. This morning I woke up and started feeling sick like morning sickness I felt with my son but the test was negative. I have been cramping for over a week and don't know what to think. I am without insurance at the moment so it's expense to just go to my doctor. CONFUSED!!!!
- —Guest Amanda
I want to be a mommy
- My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant since November of 2010 and still no luck! I have been feeling symptoms like breast tenderness, fatigue, cravings everyday, excessive saliva, and constipation. My husband and mother in law think I am pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. We have thought I was pregnant 2 times before but I started my period after I took the hpt.
- —Guest guest yesi
- Hi All, I never knew I wanted a baby until the last year or two--or didn't admit it to myself. Now I've had some symptoms like spotting (very light/brown and then pink) and swollen breasts and tired, but these could be something else. I do feel different, but I second guess this. Just talked to a friend who warned me not to get too excited due to my age and that deflated my balloon a lot. I'm afraid to find out yes or no but feel I want to surrender to this being if it is in there! Been laying with feet up and resting on advise I've been reading to prevent miscarriage. I know that ultimately our consciousness plays a big part, and so does our physical body. It's pretty much now or never for me, don't know if I can afford fertility treatments. thanks for reading, it helps just to reach out. I feel like I need a women's biology and health class or something, it seems that this information shouldn't be so mysterious. I do have a Higher Power and feel that if it is right it will happen.
- major cramping, no period in almost two months, bloating, breast tenderness and enlargement, but a negative pregnancy test for 2 weeks now.... 27 years old and have no idea what is going on with my body :(
- —Guest Danielle
- I have taken 7 hpt all came back positive except for the one urine test I took at doc office..my friends all tell me that sometimes the test strips at doc offices don't work. I am waiting for the blood test results but am really scared because my bf and I had been talking abt getting invitro to get pg for the last few months. We got all excited when the test came back positive, doing it the "old fashioned way" but now am scared cuz am bleeding and anxious to find out what the blood test are going to say... we are praying for a positive results..
- —Guest cee-lo
I know the feeling
- I know how you feel me and my boyfriend have been for 13 years i get that let down feeling every mnth to when my period comes iam also 28 and my boyfriend is 30. We have never went to the Dr.'s for it cause he's not the type he's like embarrased or something but all we can do is pray and if it's meant to be i guess it will just happen dont give up hope though you never know what the future may hold my aunt tried for 10 yrs. then it happened so dont give up i wish u luck amy! Guest Nikki
- —Guest nikki
I thought i was pregnant!?!?!?
- So for the past month my husband and i have thought that i was pregnant, i took a test and it was negative. I have had EVERY pregnancy symptom, I'm young and this would be my first pregnancy but we were both pretty positive i was pregnant. It started with headaches and then i had some cramping with very light bleeding[i thought this was when my baby was attaching to my Uturis] i have had a severe appetite increse, breast tenderness and swelling, major fatigue, bloating that doesn't go away[two weeks] constipation ect...this morning i woke up and i was bleeding very heavy, is this a late period?? could i still be pregnant??? did i loose my baby???? i'm so scared and ashamed
- —Guest Kels