The trying to conceive journey can truly change your life. Maybe a few years ago, you never heard of ovulation predictor kits, but now, you measure your happiness in how high your body’s basal temperature rises after ovulation.
What kinds of things do you do, think about, or know now that you never thought about before? How would you answer the question, “You know you’ve been trying to conceive for too long when...”?
Here are some of my answers:
You know you’ve been trying to conceive for too long when...
- all of your closest friends know when you’re ovulating.
- you need to move the fertility drugs out of the way to reach the cheese in the refrigerator.
- the ultrasound and blood lab techs not only know your name, but get excited along with you when the results look promising.
- you have no qualms showing your partner exactly how fertile your cervical mucus is. (“Check this out, it stretches an entire two inches! Isn’t that cool?!”)
- the saying “Don’t count your chickens before they hatch,” means so much more now than it did before.
How about you? Whether humorous or poignant, please finish the sentence in your own words here!