National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) is April 20th through 26th this year. Sponsored by RESOLVE, National Infertility Awareness Week is the perfect time to raise awareness about infertility.
Making this year extra special, it's the 25th anniversary of NIAW! Let's hear it for 25 years of raising awareness!
National Infertility Awareness Week is a week not just for raising awareness in those who are oblivious to the men and women living with infertility, but also a time to get educated about our options.
What can you do in honor of National Infertility Awareness Week?
- Perhaps you'd like to start an infertility blog. Your blog can become an outlet for your own experiences, but also, it'll help others out there with infertility know they are not alone. Never underestimate the power of your own stories!
- You may want to check out RESOLVE's list of 25 ways to raise awareness during the NIAW.
- Talk about infertility with your friends and family. If your friends and family aren't sure how to respond to your infertility (or others, for that matter), direct them to this article: 10 Things to Stop Doing If You Want to Support Someone with Infertility
- Plan to celebrate on May 4th, National Infertility Survival Day! (A bit like Mother's Day for infertility survivors, except having children is not required.) You can also share your dream plans for the day here.
If you're a blogger, you might want to consider entering RESOLVE's blogger challenge. The theme is "Resolve to know more...", asking bloggers to share what they've learned and help educate the public on fertility issues.
How will you be spending National Infertility Awareness Week? How do you make a difference?
Things you should resolve to know:
- 7 Things Every Woman Needs to Know About Fertility (Though it's good for men to know these things, too!)
- 7 Things Every Man Needs to Know About Fertility (Though it's good for women to know these things, too!)
- 7 Things You Should Know About Getting Pregnant After 35
- 10 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself if You're Fertility Challenged
- How to Get Pregnant: For Beginners
- We Can't Get Pregnant. Now What?
- 12 Take Action Plans for Getting Pregnant
- Symptoms and Risk Factors of Infertility
Would you like to receive trying to conceive tips and infertility information every week? Sign up for a free fertility newsletter here!
Photo: Daniel Hurst Photography / Getty Images