1. Health
Rachel Gurevich

Is Ovulation Sign Detective Work Stressing You Out? Then Don't Do It!

By August 22, 2013

Ovulation signs aren't difficult to track, once you know what to look for. Some signs of ovulation can be noted before ovulation takes place (helping you time sex for pregnancy), while others come after the fact. For example, body basal temperature charting will only indicate you have ovulated -- after it has happened.

You can learn 7 different signs of ovulation here. I give you a run down of their pros and cons, so you can decide if it's worth looking into. (But I don't suggest using them all! You'll drive yourself nuts.)

But... what if tracking ovulation signs is just too stressful? In that case, it's probably best to throw away your detective hat, and instead aim to have sex two to three times a week.

How often do you have sex when trying to get pregnant? Share in the comments, if you like!

More on ovulation:

More on conception sex:

Would you like to receive trying to conceive tips and fertility information every week? Sign up for a free fertility newsletter here.

Comments
January 2, 2009 at 8:04 am
(1) NC says:

At least thrice in a week if not in my menstrual period

September 2, 2009 at 10:40 am
(2) olabisi says:

At least five times in a week

March 21, 2010 at 3:24 pm
(3) Destiny says:

Every other day, 2 kids and one on the way my husband i did it every other day and within the month each time we were pregnant

June 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm
(4) qureshi says:

three times a week

August 8, 2010 at 10:53 pm
(5) John says:

You girls need to talk to my wife! I get some about once a month.

September 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm
(6) Sharon says:

John, you made me laugh.

October 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(7) Eunice says:

Once a week,and some tymes once in a month

November 20, 2010 at 2:15 pm
(8) heather says:

at least 3 times a week, sometimes more

December 12, 2010 at 12:01 am
(9) Cat says:

My Dr told me that it’s every other day for 5-7 days

January 17, 2011 at 12:39 am
(10) Jep says:

During conceiving period..every day…other than that once every 2-3 days..now? none for the past 3 months (fasting ;-) )
8 Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

February 9, 2011 at 7:37 pm
(11) Brookeydoo says:

We have sex everyday and he usually masturbates at least once during the day! Hope our high sex drive doesn’t kill our baby makers!!!

February 23, 2011 at 1:50 pm
(12) meandmylove says:

My hunnie and I have sex everyday! Sometime twice in the same day! We enjoy it and love each other very much! Look forward to our first baby together!!

March 21, 2011 at 12:45 am
(13) Cordsmom says:

When my husband and I first started trying for our firs child we were in the honeymoon phase and were having sex everyday whether it was my fertile time or not. We had fun. Now…not much has changed. Whenever the time strikes us we enjoy ourselves. He was in Korea for a year, came home in January and is now going to be deployed in July…have to get it while I can!

May 2, 2011 at 12:53 am
(14) kim says:

Ha. Me n my hubby been married 5 years I’m 23 he is 27. We use to do it every day sometime twice a day.. we currently have sex maybe, if I’m lucky 2 a month… His sex drive is awful we have one child a 3 yr old.. we tried for baby 2 in April no luck:’( maybe I can do someting this month to speed up process.. an6 suggestions?

May 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm
(15) biny says:

After 2 cesarian kids I can spend a month disgusted by sex & suddenly become a sex slut–I dont understant myself why im i like this

July 4, 2011 at 8:48 pm
(16) notenuff3 says:

Kim…Same thing over here….My hubby and I have been together for 10 years married for 8 we have a 8 year old son and trying to have more…however I want sex all the time!! But we only do it like twice a month so I have been starting to wake him up in the middle of the night with oral sex and then am getting it more so hopefully i will get preggo soon!!! Fingers crossed!!

November 24, 2011 at 8:47 pm
(17) peaches says:

My husband and I have been trying for a year now. I been on birth control for 10 yrs and been off for 2 yrs now. We do it every other day but it still hasn’t happen yet. Any suggestions??? Lol

February 23, 2012 at 9:27 am
(18) Amifai says:

Me nd my bf av it at least 12hrs a day.hahahaha.lolz

March 15, 2012 at 1:39 pm
(19) tori says:

i didnt have any times cos he was on shifts but i concieved both of mine within 6 days of my next cycle
but my advise when ever you feel the need and enjoy it cos once there here its few and far between lol

March 17, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(20) Itoro says:

I ave sex once a week but twice a week

October 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm
(21) Gabbie says:

3times a week,i enjy having sex with him thou

October 12, 2012 at 9:43 am
(22) riya says:

3 or 4 times a day……. looking for our first baby…….

December 5, 2012 at 11:39 am
(23) cherie says:

Hi. Am 32 with 4 kids. My last is 4. Earlier this year I found out I have polysistic ovaries. I only had 1 period for the year which was the 26 of Nov, and was 5 days. My partner n I don’t use protection and we never gotten preggy. How do I go about geting preggy? At least 1 more time? P.S I am a 6ft woman, black from the caribbean and we don’t sell those fertility drugs here, also my partner is 24 and he have no kids. Please help.

April 18, 2013 at 9:52 am
(24) charming says:

Am 26, tryna get preg nd av been aving sex for d past 2 weeks with my bf ..my last Period was on d 4th of april.

April 24, 2013 at 5:22 am
(25) shirley says:

hi m tryin to get preggy since two months … m 28 nd he is 30 v hav a kid of 3.6 yrs nd want our 2nd …. pls do let me more how to concieve